Kigali, 18 October 2016
Strategy and Policy Unit – Office of the President
In fulfilment of the mandate entrusted to him by the 27th African Union Summit to lead the ongoing institutional reform of the Union, President Paul Kagame has initiated a wide-ranging process of consultations with Member
States in advance of his report to the 28th AU Summit in January 2017.
In addition, President Kagame has announced an advisory team to assist with this assignment. The group will next convene in Kigali on 31 October 2016.
• Cristina Duarte, Former Minister of Finance and Planning, Republic of Cabo
• Dr Donald Kaberuka, Former President of the African Development Bank
• Dr Acha Leke, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Co.
• Dr Carlos Lopes, Executive Secretary, United Nations Economic Commission
• Strive Masiyiwa, Executive Chairman, Econet Wireless
• Tito Mboweni, Former Governor of the South African Reserve Bank
• Hon. Amina J. Mohammed, Minister of Environment, Federal Republic of
• Hon. Mariam Mahamat Nour, Minister of Economy, Planning, and
International Cooperation, Republic of Chad
• Vera Songwe, Regional Director for West and Central Africa, International